Sunday, January 1, 2012

30 Something Feels So Good

     I don't know why a lot of us have to go through this needy state in our 20's. I can understand the need when your in your teens, but in your 20's so many women go from relationship to relationship, can't go to the movies without a girlfriend or any outing for that matter. Now that I am in my thirties, I very much enjoy going to the movies by myself. I enjoy not calling a girlfriend back right away, but finishing reading the chapter of the book I am into. I am surprisingly also okay that I am not in a relationship where I have to ask "what do YOU want to do?"

     I don't know if this is the point in which you start to become a grumpy old person, or if it is the point where we start becoming comfortable in our own skin and start putting ourselves as a priority. There is definitely a sense of peace that comes with they coziness. I do fear sometimes that I am so comfortable that I might have a hard time wanting to be in a relationship in the future. I don't think I am that selfish to the point where I will be unwilling to consider an other's interests. I am mean I am a mom after all. Being in my thirties though, I don't have the need to hunt for my next boyfriend, or have to make sure that I have a friend to hang out with on the weekend. No, I like exactly where I'm at and if God chooses to bring someone into my life that I can sustain a relationship with, then I welcome that. Until then, this sure does feel good.




No comments: