Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Caught in the Riptide

     So you're at the office, and you make small talk through out the day with fellow co-workers, and then one of them starts to say stuff about a third party that they would never say to their face. Yes, I am speaking of gossip. I mean, that's what gossip is right? How many of you get caught up in that? C'mon, I bet you do more than you'd like to admit. Unfortunately, I was caught up in that today. I tend to do that a lot actually, and I need to figure out a way to stop that.

     Just because you are a Christian, does not mean that you have an easy life from the moment you give your heart to God. I think at times you may be attacked even more. I feel like I am under such attack. I am trying to be a reflection of Jesus, but seem to be taken away with the tide of sin. Work is hard in that I am surrounded by non-believers, and I need to figure out a way to not participate in office ongoings that put my walk with God in jeopardy. I don't want to alienate myself from the rest of the crew either. If anyone has any suggestions, I very much welcome them.

     I think the thing I need to do about this is simply take it to prayer. That really is the best answer I can think of and probably the best response I will get. Maybe when gossip comes up I can change the subject with something else. Maybe the other co workers will not catch on to the fact of what I am doing. I don't know....but what I do know is that I can no longer participate in the aforementioned not only because it causes me infliction spiritually, but because it is in now way honoring God. Here's to growing in Him.

                                                               Peace & Love!

No comments: