Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Zoo, A Drinking Cowboy and a Dog's Birthday

      I love days like yesterday, where every once in a while we get to spend time as a family and spend a little money on entertainment. We went to go see the last matinee showing because frankly I think it's ridiculous to pay almost ten dollars a person to see half and hour of movie trailers and then finally the main feature. "We bought a Zoo", that's what we went to go see. I looked at what the critics had to say about it because I let that sway my opinion on weather or not to see the movie. The critic's said "maybe". I decided that we should see it, and so we went.

     It turns out that it was a really good family movie, and I will be buying it when it comes out on DVD. It was full of all the range of emotions. Humor, fear, sadness, happiness, and all the other ones I haven't mentioned. It feels good to see a movie that is definitely worth what you paid for it. I am sure all of us have at one time or another paid for a movie only to leave feeling like we were just mugged. You won't get this feeling with this movie. It was the perfect kickoff to the much anticipated weekend that awaits us.

     So after having way too much popcorn, we decided it was time to go eat something more substantial. We went to El Patron restaurant on East Ave. My mom thinks they have the best food around and a lot of other non Mexican food think that this food is oh so good. In my opinion, I think the food is okay, but it is not the greatest. I had the chile relleno burrito. The Spanish rice that was in the burrito also was very bland, lacked salt and simply tasted like rice with way too much tomato sauce. Also, the thing I missed was the free tortilla chips that usually come with every meal that one purchases at a typical Mexican restaurant. Here at El Patron, you have to pay five dollars for the tortilla chips. The one thing I really liked about this place was the ambiance of it. It had low lighting and was clean and I liked the earth tone colors of the walls. It was very comfortable, warm and inviting and made the food seem to taste a little better.

     I am my daughter's biggest fan. The following is an actual true statement of what she said. She wanted me to take a picture of her "standing like a cowboy drinking at the bar". She totally cracks me up! I love this chick! We do watch a lot of old westerns, because it reminds me of my dad. That is where she probably pulled this idea out of her head. To be honest, I never really know what is going to be created in her brain and then come out of her mouth, but that is a part of the awesomness that is Loralai.

Peace & Love
                                                                         






Yaya and Lollie at El Patron.

No comments: