Monday, January 2, 2012

Mondays Aren't So Bad

     I was supposed to get up at five in the morning today to study the Bible and do some yoga...that so did not happen. Then it was rush, rush to get Loralai to school and me off to work. I thought for sure was going to be a typical case of the "terrible Monday's". It turns out, it was not really all that bad. I think a major reason for this is my decision to be positive no matter what. I know it sounds retarded and people probably think "yeah, like that's really gonna work", but it actually does.

     I have to do work study while I am on break from school, so I am working at a blood bank and it is actually really fun. I really want to get into social services, or just any job where I am helping people. In church, we talk about what spiritual gifts we all are blessed with, I think my calling is to serve others in need. It really lifts my spirits to be able to do that. Even though I am only volunteering at the blood bank, I would sure LOVE to have a job like this. I really can't wait to go back tomorrow.
    
     Another decision I am making, is to be thankful even for the small things. My daughter and I usually eat dinner in front of the telly, but today I put a stop to that. Tonight we dined on coconut battered shrimp and steamed broccoli and had some pomegranate for dessert. Man oh man, that was some good grubbin'. Here's to the little things in life!

                                                                                  Peace & Love


No comments: