Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

     So it's the first day of the new year! Welcom 2012! I decided to come up with a bunch of resolutions for the new year like most everyone does. When I was reflecting on that, I came upon this in my facebook news feed: " Don’t allow another negative word toward yourself come out of your mouth. Celebrate who God made you to be. Start meditating on the fact that you are God's masterpiece. You are one of a kind, equipped and anointed. You are God's very own creation." This is soo true! I am not saying that you should never try to strive to more Christlike or a better person that treats others better, but one should take the time to be thankful for what they are already blessed with.
    
     I have decided this new year to improve upon the things I am already supposed to be doing, but do it better! As most of you know my daughter is bipolar. Having someone in your family requires a lot of work and I have to be honest in saying that I have been downright lazy about some things. Well, that stops today. The second is that I have always been an "on the fence" Christian. This year, I will connect with Jesus everyday and not make him the distant relative that I never keep in touch with. The third, ( I like doing things in three's I dunno why, there IS a method to the madness.) is not so much to lose weight and look like a model, but just to be healthy. Eat healthy, live healthy.

     I stayed up way to late last night, so this day is off to a slow start. Thank God, that I can attend church online. I am moving back to San Diego in June, and the church I was a member of before I left was The Rock Church. I LOVE that church. The worship service was amazing today, and it was great to be able to share my resolution with other Christians and recieve encouragement. By the way, if anyone happens not to skip this blog immediately, and actually reads it, please let me know if I can pray for you or someone in any way. If you do not want to post it in a reply on here, please feel free to e-mail me. I believe it is posted on here somewhere, if not I can send it to you.

     I did not go to a pulic event to ring in the new year, I went to a friends house and had some quality friend time. It felt really good to just hang out, and not have to get all gussied up in uncomfortable shoes, in an outfit that requires SPANX, just my comfy cotton clothes. I do now and then like to get "dressed up", perhaps I will do that next NYE, but last night was just what I needed. I thank God that I was able to return safely home. I really enjoyed strangers that I have never met before wishing me a happy new year and a "be safe" to go with it. The constant concern from stranger to stranger, friend to friend was very comforting. Here are a couple of pictures from two new friends I made. The puppy is named Norma Jean and is as cute as she looks. The second is named Brodi and was such a good dog. She was totally rocking her 80's doggie knitted sweater, she was just missing her leg warmers. I hope you all had a memorable night as well.

                                                                 Peace & Love!




 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think Jenn Simpson used to go to that church when she lived in SD, too!

Here's to a lovely 2012! Oh, and I love what you've don with your blog. :)

Tattooed Sinner said...

Thank you! It's fun to go back and read old stuff and to also see what's going on in your life and other friends I haven't talked to in a while. Have a great week sista!